Were you thinking: “What systems?” “My only system is getting to the bathroom before my husband so I have more mirror time first thing in the morning!”
I’ll give you an example of an evolving “system” that has been slowly improving.
THE LANDING PAD
My challenge was to provide an acceptable landing pad for all the items in Mr. Nest Pretty’s pockets.
- 1st attempt: A small silver tray to catch the keys, glasses, wallet, change etc. etc. etc.
- Problem: His wallet was visible in the entranceway (security issue) and a potential mess for visitors to see immediately upon arriving.
- 2nd attempt: A tray in the office. Larger and out of the entranceway to provide security.
- Problem: Larger tray=larger mess and because the tray was several steps from the front door items were still deposited between the front door and tray.
- 3rd attempt: A dresser drawer with organizing trays.
These improvements were born from frank conversations with Mr. and realizing that just as much as I was not happy with the display of his pockets he was not comfortable with all of his pockets being on display.
Diffusing Clarity also helps whenever I’m brainstorming & organizing!
Clarity™ blends Basil, Rosemary, Peppermint, and other essential oils for an aroma that invites a sense of clarity and alertness.
So, for this week I challenge you to make an improvement on one of your “systems“. Don’t worry about perfecting the system just focus on making small improvements.
The feeling I enjoy when I challenge my families systems: